Friday, October 01, 2010

A store for togetherness

When thinking about wedding gifts, most guests think about kitchen utensils and appliances, his and her towels, and other "customary and useful" items that can help the newlyweds get their new life of togetherness started.

The gifts, once opened, usually elicit a "wow!" from the delighted couple. More often than not, these gifts come from the usual home stores that have wedding registries.

But what if I wanted to give a useful but witty wedding gift?

Here's a store I discovered that have gifts specifically created for couples -- boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives, honeymooners, long-distance relationshippers, soul mates -- whatever you want to call your significant other in this day and age where relationships could be quite complicated.




These are gifts, I'd imagine that would elicit an "Aww..." or maybe even a guffaw from anyone who would receive them.

Most of the gifts come in pairs with designs from Thailand and you can see most of the designs from this site -- http://www.humantouchthailand.com.

For the wedding I was going to, I bought "Beauty" and "The Beast" pillows. Still useful, but not necessarily customary. If they ever have fights as a married couple, I do hope they would only have pillow fights, and with my gifts, they'd remember me. Haha!


The Megamall branch





The Eastwood Mall branch

image from www.meandushop.com


This particular pillow case also appealed to me, and I decided to get one to thank hubby for being the father that he is to our kiddies. :-)

"Awww", right?



I guess what drives the designers of the items displayed at Me&U is simply this quote written on the boxes of the pillow cases:



I even saw an "emergency engagement ring" in the store! Maybe guys would like to keep one in their wallets just in case "the moment" happens and they still don't have the real ring on hand. :-)

Here's more information about the Me & U store:



other images c/o thehumantouchthailand.com and meandushop.com

1 comment:

A and W said...

Nice finds po..
Ganda ng pillow case :)

http://reviews-all.blogspot.com/